How your neighbor could be the key to your SUCCESS

How your neighbor could be the key to your SUCCESS

How your neighbor could be the key to your SUCCESS 

After having my first baby, I was itching to get back into running again. The day after my doctor gave me the go-ahead, I was on the trails. I had always wanted to run a marathon, but I wasn’t really sure how to begin training for one. I had a friend in the neighborhood, who I remember saying had run around 10 marathons. I was a little intimidated to call her, but I thought, “If I want to train for a marathon, she’s the one to talk to.” I gave her a call and she agreed to let me tag along with her on her runs. I basically became a leech. On our runs I learned everything I could about training for a marathon. The other great thing about this .........running partner was the level of her dedication. Rain, snow, hail…it didn’t matter. She was out there on the sidewalk waiting for me. I couldn’t just leave her out there - it got me out the door. When my son was 7 months old, I ran my very first marathon and qualified for the Boston Marathon. It was an amazing experience and I owe it all to my EXPERT partner.

If you have tried in the past to reach your goals and failed, I challenge you to search for an expert workout partner. Talk to your family, your friends. You’ll find someone. It doesn’t necessarily need to be someone who has run 10 marathons or competed professionally. It just needs to be someone who is:
1. More experienced than you are
2. More motivated than you are

If you can’t find an expert partner, there is always the option of hiring a personal trainer. These are just expert partners that cost money. Let me tell though – if you are serious about getting in shape and have failed in the past - it is worth every cent.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment